Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I know what the specials are for the day?
A: Weekly menus are posted under Champlin and Prentice. Warner, Twisted, Ag Café, Brickyard Brewhouse and Coby’s have their regular menus posted.

Q: Can I use a swipe to buy a friend a meal at any of the dining halls?
A: You can use a Bonus Meal, CobyCash or Downtown Dollars but not a regular meal swipe – they are only for the card “owner”.

Q: Where can I use my CobyCash and Downtown Dollars?
A: CobyCash is only for on-campus use (vending, dining halls, bookstore).
Downtown Dollars can be used at specific vendors in Cobleskill and also throughout campus. See our cobycard.com site for even more information.

Q: Are there places to get items “to-go”?
A: We offer “to-go” everywhere except Champlin, which is an All-You-Care-To-Eat facility and does not offer items to-go.

Q: What are the payment options on campus for dining and vending?
A: You can “pay” for your meals or vending with the following options: Meal Plan (CobyCard), Bonus Meal (CobyCard), CobyCash, Downtown Dollars, Credit/Debit Card and the old standby – Cash!

Q: My parents are worried about my food allergies – what are the options to be sure I’m eating the appropriate food?
A: Great Question!! Champlin Hall has Lemon Grass Cafe, which serves in an allergen-friendly setting (no shellfish, gluten, nuts/tree nuts).

Q: What if I have additional food allergies – who do I discuss these with?
A: You can discuss these with any Chef on campus. There is also a check box on your meal plan that you an check and include your contact information so we can touch base with you. We can accommodate any food requirements you may have.

Q: What are dining hours on campus?
A: You have access to a variety of dining hall​s between the hours of 7am and 10pm (and until 2am at Twisted Whiskers Tues-Sat). Go to the locations tab on our site and it will give you specific hours by location.

Q: What happens if I lose my CobyCard and if someone else uses it?
A: You need to first of all register your CobyCard and then you’ll be able to “turn it off” and then no one can use it. CobyCard.com will have more detailed information should this happen.

Q: What if I’m sick and unable to get to the dining hall?
A: You can contact your Hall Resident Assistant (RA) or Director (RD) and they will provide a card for a friend to pick up your meal.