Healthy Dining: Eating and Living Smarter
Dining Services is making changes that will benefit you and minimize our impact on the environment by decreasing food processing needs and supporting organic and local growers. Here are some of the offerings you’ll see:
- More whole grains
- Locally grown seasonal fruits and vegetables (we try to keep local within a 150 mile radius)
- Fewer trans fats
- Our own campus Farm/Stream to Table events
- NY local coffee and tea in most restaurants and brewhouse. Red Rose, Capital City Roasters, Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters, Salada…
- Purdy and Sons locally sourced meats
- Locally sourced signature BBQ Sauce for on-campus use!
- NY local eggs (we use more than 100,000 eggs/year)
Reliable Nutrition Resources
Are you looking for more on a nutrition topic and don’t know where to get reliable information? You are not alone. Check out the list below to find reliable information on various nutrition topics.
- Center for Nutrition Policy: Click on the MyPyramid Tracker to receive valuable feedback on your dietary intake and physical activity levels.
- American Dietetic Association: An informative site with lots of good information on nutrition, exercise, and general health. If you are interested in becoming a nutrition professional, this site is for you!
- Nutrition.gov: This government website has basic nutrition information that everyone can understand.
- CDC: This site offers a great summary of how to be healthy (mentally, physically, and emotionally) while you are in college.
- Beard Wellness Center: You may also visit SUNY Cobleskill’s Beard Wellness center for any questions and problems you may have.
Special Dietary Needs:
- Celiac.com: Information on Celiac disease, gluten free products and recipes.
- American Diabetes Association: Check out this site to find current information for yourself or a loved one.
- American Heart Association: This site provides the latest research and recommendations on how to live a heart-healthy life.
- Food Allergy Network: Good information on coping with food allergies, including tips on recipe substitutions.
- National Eating Disorders Association: NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and services as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Online: Provides services and information to assist people exhibiting characteristics of disordered eating.
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute: Access to articles on the latest research in many areas of sports nutrition and exercise.
Remember to notify us of any food allergies or special dietary needs you may have. We want to make sure your dining experiences at SUNY Cobleskill are pleasurable and healthy. For questions, comments and suggestions regarding the healthy eating program, contact CAS’s Assistant Director of Dining Services: Audrey Rapant, email@example.com, (518) 255-5204