Department: Early Childhood and Psychology
Office Location: United States
Office Phone: 518-255-5660
Office Hours: Tuesday 9:15-10:45 & Wednesday 8:30-12 or by appointment
Areas of Expertise: Self-presentation, Justice, Aggression, Depression, College level assessment, Program development and assessment
Courses Taught: Social Psychology, Adolescent Psychology, Motivation, Abnormal Psychology, Statistics, Research Methods, Personality Psychology, Psychology of Learning, Human Aggression, Organizational Psychology, Human Sexuality, Group Dynamics, General Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Psychology Shadowing / Intern courses
About Amy: Over 25 invited addresses and presentations at national conferences, including research, teaching pedagogy, and assessment programs.Consultation research for medical, marketing and educational facilities. Academic program development, launch, enrichment and assessment. Internship program development and management at multiple institutions.
LinkedIn URL: www.linkedin.com/pub/amy-corbett/83/594/b07
2009- Professor, Applied Psychology Program, SUNY Cobleskill, Cobleskill, NY
1996-2009 Visiting Professor, Siena College, Loudonville, NY
2001 Ph.D.: Social & Personality Psychology. University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY
1992 B.S.: Psychology; Magna Cum Laude. University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
VALUABLE EXPERIENCE AS A FACULTY MEMBER
Direct and administer Applied Psychology bachelor’s program developed at SUNY Cobleskill
Primary responsibility for in house recruitment and promotion of Applied Psychology bachelor’s program
Sole new course developer for Applied Psychology program at SUNY Cobleskill
Design and administer Research Internship Program at Siena College
Psychology of Learning
Theories of Personality
RESEARCH IN PROGRESS OR UNDER SUBMISSION
Value for Justice: Scale development, validation, empirical and applied testing.
Psychological and Biological measures of stress & depression in first year psychology students.
Getting Involved with Research: An Archival Data Project for Research Methods Classes.
Coursework via SmartWorks vs. ANGEL: an Assessment of Student Success
- Perotti, M., Jain, R., Abriel, L., Baroni, T., Corbett, A., Tennenbaum, S. (2010) Dutasteride monotherapy in men with serologic relapse following radical therapy for adenocarcinoma of the prostate: A pilot study. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Special Practices.
- Quigley, B.M., Corbett, A. B., & Tedeschi, J. T. (2002). Desired image of power, alcohol expectancies, and alcohol related aggression. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 16, 318-324.
- Lee, S., Quigley, B. M., Nesler, M. S., Corbett, A. B., & Tedeschi, J. T. (1999). Development of a self-presentation tactics scale. Personality and Individual Differences, 26, 701-722.
- Quigley, B. M., Corbett, A. B., & Tedeschi, J. T. (1999). Alcohol related violence among college students. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 23, (Suppl. 5), 84A.
- Variations in depression level over the college term: A multimeasure assessment. Corbett, A. B. & Cohen, B. March 2013
- Depression: Biological and Psychological Measures in College Students Throughout the Term. Corbett, A. B. & Cohen, B. October, 2011
- Information Literacy in the General Psychology courses: An Integrated Approach. Corbett, A. B. & Apollo, F. September, 2011
- Direct experience with archival research: a multi-pronged approach. Corbett, A. B. January, 2010
- Getting your feet wet: Archival research experience for RM students. Corbett, A. B. March, 2010
- Predictive Validity of the Value for Justice Scale. Corbett, A. B. March, 2009
- Development and Validation of a Value for Justice Scale. Corbett, A.B., & DeBlase, D. March, 2008
- Transition to College: Self Assessment and Tools for Behavior. Corbett, A. B. April 2005
- Alcohol related violence among college students. Quigley, B. M., Corbett, A. B., & Tedeschi, J. T. June, 1999
- Self Presentation or Cognitive Dissonance? A forced compliance examination. Corbett, A. B., Quigley, B. M., & Tedeschi, J. T. July 1997
- Self-Handicapping, Ingratiation, and Self Presentational Theory. Corbett, A. B., Quigley, B. M., & Tedeschi, J. T. July, 1997
- Effects of proximity on recognition and liking. Johnson, A. B. & Byrne, D, April, 1996
- Attributions of intent to an aggressive act: Findings and implications. Johnson, A. B., Quigley, B. M., & Tedeschi, J. T. April, 1995
- Mock Juror Sentencing Decisions: A meta analysis of the attraction- leniency effect. Quigley, B. M., Johnson, A. B., & Byrne, D. June, 1995
ASSESSMENT, CONSULTATION RESEARCH, PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, AND EVALUATION EXPERIENCE
- Research Consultant: Albany Urology- Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Special Practices.
– Upstate Urology: for Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals.
- Program Assessment – Albany Council on Alcohol and Addictions. Albany, NY
– Personality Self – Assessment & Collegiate Success Handbook -GEAR UP of New York
– First year program assessment – Siena College, Loudonville, NY
– Marketing Effectiveness Assessment – Capitaland Funding, Malta, NY
- Psychological Evaluations: Upstate Urology, PC., for Johnson & Johnson, Co.
- Reviewer: Group Dynamics: Wadsworth Publishing; Personality and Individual differences: Elsevier Publishing
2009 – Psychology student advisement on academic and career goals
2010 – Chair, SUNY Cobleskill Institutional Review Board (IRB)
2011 – Assessment Committee member & Assessment Training Moderator
2010 – 2012 Executive Committee member; Secretary of the Faculty
2008-2009 Creation, Implementation & Management of Internship program